You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to reflecting diversity and inclusion in our business practices. This includes hiring employees with different demographics, work styles and experience. All of which results in better solutions for our customers and value for our organization.
We believe diversity of people and thought leads to better solutions.Find out more about how we foster diversity
We have a number of best-in-class diversity and inclusion strategies and underlying principles which ensure:
- leadership understands what diversity and inclusion mean and are held accountable to lead in an inclusive way
- employees in our organization feel valued for their unique contributions and perspectives
- potential candidates for all open positions are diverse and reflect our community
- we leverage the diversity of our talent to innovate, grow and better serve our customers
Employee Resource Groups
Currently, we have five employee resource groups:
1. African-American Resource Council (AARC)
2. LEAD (Latino Empowerment and Diversity)
3. PRIDE (LGBTQ Ally Group)
4. Veterans of Washington Gas
5. Women’s Leadership Network
These groups are invaluable in making employees feel comfortable and welcome. In 2019, they hosted more than 15 professional development, networking and community events.
At ENSTAR, we also work with the Alaska Division of Vocational Rehabilitations to help veterans re-enter the workforce.
Veterans of Washington Gas
The veterans who work for our company are some of our most dedicated and valuable employees. Watch how the comradery of our veterans makes a difference at our company:
For any inquiries regarding this report or its contents, please contact ESG@altagas.ca.